May 12, 2011

Busted Up Mirror Transformation

So I improved since last market....I sold one thing; but it was out of free will, not because of a potty accident.
Anyways, it got a little windy at market last night and a pair of mirrors I had refinished fell over and one cracked :(  but I didn't want to throw it away because it had a really neat frame.
(the other mirror that survived the crash with only a few bumps and bruises)

Fast forward to this morning playing in baby girls' room.  I've wanted to do a collection of art in their but didn't know where to start...brain storm! (yes, that is an Imagination Movers reference, lame...yes)  I have a really neat cracked mirror and a really cute fat quarter.... Voila!

You could do this with any cracked mirror or really ugly picture just be careful removing the mirror.  I used duck tape to fasten the fabric to the cardboard backing of the frame that way I can always change it out.

I found the gray frame (previously speckled gold) at Goodwill awhile back and layered it with a DIY glittered handprint.  Looking at that little hand everyday makes me smile especially since I know the mischief it gets into.


(very fake cry from Ms. Mischief)

Thanks for reading!
ashley

No comments: