July 7, 2011

Potty Training

We started potty training today (Dun, Dun, Dunnnnn).  I have no idea what I'm doing but baby girl is loving sitting on this thing.  She's got the "take diaper off and sit" down but we haven't mastered going in the potty.  We've gone on the floor around the potty, many times, but not in; but hey you gotta start somewhere huh.  I don't think she wants to get the potty dirty is the thing (she is a first-born, very meticulous just like momma).  We talked about it and talked about it and I would ask every 10 minutes if she had to potty always receiving the vigorous shake of the head no and realized this is going to be a long trip.  Later, out of the corner of my eye I watched her put a dolly on the potty, pick her up, look at the booty end and said "poo poo" and put her back on the potty. I never knew such simple things like poop and where to put it would boost my confidence as a mommy 1 trillion percent! Doesn't it feel awesome when you teach your child something and you see them "getting it"!
Happy Thursday from the best seat in the house!


ashley

No comments: