April 23, 2010

Decline of a day

before

Today has gone by so quickly; I thought it was maybe noon, no it's 5:30p.m.  It started out amazing, GRACE SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT! That's in all caps because we haven't had a full night of sleep in almost 2 months.  After she had gotten sick we were back to waking up 5-6 times a night to give her the paci or re-swaddle her. Then it got down to 3-4 times a night, then about 2 times a night and finally last night I went to bed at 1030pm and got out of bed at 7am.  Of course I woke up about 4 because I was just used to it but when I woke up and listened for a few minutes and didn't hear a whine or fuss or giggle or her sucking her fingers to death. Anyways, Gracie woke up around 7 and ate, we played, read a book called 7 Silly Eaters (good book by the way), watched Handy Manny (her favorite, I just think of Fez from that 70's Show when I her Manny talk, is that just me?) and then she refused to take a nap.  Okay, that's fine you can have a longer nap this afternoon.  Jonathan forgot I had Zumba and had made plans to work out with someone so I skipped class, Gracie ate again, finished her cereal (she's doing great at spoon feedings now!), packed up baby and dog to bring Lucy (the dog) to the groomer.  Dropped off dog, go to the pediatricians office to get the rest of Gracie's shots.  Shots done, baby crying, ripped off by the front desk because they made me pay for another visit even though it was their fault I had to come back, get a call from the groomer, Lucy has gone crazy and the lady refuses to groom her.  Crying baby, uncleaned dog.  Nap time! No, only about 30 minutes.  Jonathan is grooming Lucy himself at this point in the backyard with a clipper that only lasts about 15 mins before it dies out.  Recharge, continue clipping. Bath the dog with the water hose.  Playing with Gracie, (tickling is one of her favorite games right now and she LOVES the Rocky theme.  Odd I know but Jonathan sang it to her a few days and she laughed hysterically and she's been doing it ever since.)  Feed the baby, vacuum, mop, clean counters, fold laundry, start new load, unload dishwasher, load dishwasher, clean pacifiers, shower (finally, my first one of the day).  Screaming fit from Gracie at this point because she's delusional from exhaustion.  Rock her to sleep, and she takes a nap!!! And she is still sleeping at this point, amazing.
But at the end of the day when you reflect on what the day has brought (craziness) it's still pretty good because I have an amazing husband who has yet to blow his lid and a beautiful daughter whose laugh I have fallen in love with.  I have a clean house, a groomed dog, a sleeping princess in the next room, a husband grilling chicken outside and a God who has given me all of this.  There someone starting to stir in the other room so I'll make this quick.  I'm working on trying to relax and go with the flow, enjoy where I am in life rather then looking to the next thing and humbling myself to know I can't do everything on my own.  Wish me luck.
enjoying the nice weather yesterday

tutu time

after

1 comment:

Kristi said...

totally awesome...and even awesome-er that you're taking ZUMBA!! :)