May 12, 2010

Life

It's Wednesday, the second week of May, I have a 5 month old baby girl, a 23 year old husband who is up to his ears in projects and paperwork, a temporary home, a home in New Orleans that is completely gutted and no clue as to where we will be living for the next few months until the house it finished.  That sounded a bit glum; but let me say that ironically I am feeling more peace and contentment at this time than I would have ever expected.  I feel so honored to be entrusted with this tiny person, so blessed to have a husband who is motivated and strives for success and so thankful for the roof currently over our heads and the beautiful home that is in the making.  We closed on the house last week and the mold remediation started yesterday I think. The house, actually the shell of the house is completely gutted so we are starting from scratch.  I'm pretty excited because the layout can be changed around at this point and I'm pushing for a big walk-in pantry.  I never thought I would be so excited for food storage but I guess it's a mommy thing?  But more than anything I am excited to give Gracie her first nursery! I've had plenty of time to think about it and what I want it to look like and I'm anxious to get started on it!  
I think I need to clarify, it's not a house in the sense of the word, but a duplex.  Jonathan, Gracie and I have one side and my brother and sister-in-law have the other.  It's going to be such a blessing to have family (and baby-sitters) a few steps away!  
On another note, Gracie is taking a morning nap, I'm finally drinking my "morning" coffee, the laundry is going, kitchen is clean, beds made and I'm working on the grocery list.  Have I mentioned I am so over the grocery store; it was cool when we first got married to make dinners and have a stocked kitchen but now that we've been spoiled by my mother-in-law, the great chef in the backyard, I barely make it to the store once a month. Gracie is eating her rice cereal twice a day now; I know we are dragging this whole thing out with the baby food but she gets so constipated that it's better to go slow with the introductions.  She's an awesome eater though, has the spoon thing down! 
What else....Gracie got a jumper this past weekend and loves it! It looks like a little car and has lights and music, she hasn't quite figured out she can bounce but she likes to spin around.  I think she is working on becoming a DJ though, she's remixing Mary Had a Little Lamb and the other song it plays (no idea what it is).  Every time you press the button it starts over so all I hear is "Mary, Mary, Mary, Mary had a little, Mary had a, Mary, Mary had a little lamb, little lamb, Mary....." I think the batteries will go missing in a few days.  

It's Aunt Tiffany's 17th birthday today and yesterday was Uncle Jordan's 22nd 
birthday and we've been working on some special gifts but until they get them I'll keep it hush hush.  
That's it for now...



                                             


Ashley

No comments: